Why is this important to me?
No matter whether you live in White City or Emerald Park, or if you have a business in our general community, the current division in governance impacts us all. The provision of community services and infrastructure, taxation, democratic representation and long-term community planning is not equitable or representative across our community because of this.
If we don’t come together as one community, these problems are going to escalate as our area continues to rapidly grow in population and some of our services and infrastructure could suffer. It’s time to have the discussion about our future and we want to hear from you.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Why did the Town of White City not create it's own water utility and what will happen to water rates in Emerald Park?
- How is White City Administration preparing for potential annexation?
- I have a private well on my property, will I have to connect to the town’s water system if we become one community?
- White City and Emerald Park handle on-street parking differently. What will happen if we become one community?
- How much is the annexation proposal and application to the SMB going to cost?