Why is White City talking about a boundary alteration right now?
The rapid growth that we have experienced in the previous 10 years is projected to continue and the town requires more land for development. In addition, current challenges with providing services for the broader population outside of our immediate Town borders is creating a strain on our infrastructure and services, such as recreation. Future growth will only increase the issues, that largely could be resolved with the establishment of one urban municipality. Now is the time to create a one community, with one voice, so that we can collectively work together to address the challenges, meet our present needs and implement a future strategic vision for our community.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Why did the Town of White City not create it's own water utility and what will happen to water rates in Emerald Park?
- How is White City Administration preparing for potential annexation?
- I have a private well on my property, will I have to connect to the town’s water system if we become one community?
- White City and Emerald Park handle on-street parking differently. What will happen if we become one community?
- How much is the annexation proposal and application to the SMB going to cost?