Why did White City prepare the Future Growth Study?
For the last decade, White City has been the fastest growing community in Canada. This population growth has impacted land available for development and also the demand for municipal services. In addition, White City is surrounded by significant commercial and residential developments in the RM of Edenwold No. 158. This makes land use and municipal infrastructure planning challenging.
In order to plan for the future in a responsible manner, the Town’s Council commissioned the study to review future growth projections for the area, and the land that would be required to accommodate the rapidly growing, largely urban, community.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Why did the Town of White City not create it's own water utility and what will happen to water rates in Emerald Park?
- How is White City Administration preparing for potential annexation?
- I have a private well on my property, will I have to connect to the town’s water system if we become one community?
- White City and Emerald Park handle on-street parking differently. What will happen if we become one community?
- How much is the annexation proposal and application to the SMB going to cost?