White City and Emerald Park handle on-street parking differently. What will happen if we become one community?
Once the annexation is approved, a transition period will be required prior to the incorporation of the new community. During this time, a full examination all existing by-laws for the area will take place to determine inconsistencies. Full community consultation would be undertaken to determine future direction and propose by-law changes to the new community council. The difference in the current parking by-law of White City versus the one in place for Emerald Park is one such example of a by-law that would be reviewed.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Why did the Town of White City not create it's own water utility and what will happen to water rates in Emerald Park?
- How is White City Administration preparing for potential annexation?
- I have a private well on my property, will I have to connect to the town’s water system if we become one community?
- How much is the annexation proposal and application to the SMB going to cost?
- Has there been any consideration given for the residents and businesses located in Emerald Park, due to the fact that tax dollars have already paid for infrastructure and development once and well be expected to pay for it a second time if this annexation goes ahead?