What will happen to the WCRM158 Wastewater Utility?
It is anticipated this utility will continue to operate as it has and continue with plans to provide treated wastewater services to area residents and businesses. While the Wastewater board currently has representation by the both municipalities, the long-term plan was to have citizens appointed to manage the utility.
The Town is committed to ensuring we are proper stewards of the environment and are committed to completing the new wastewater treatment facility to do so. We anticipate the RM representatives will feel the same.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Why did the Town of White City not create it's own water utility and what will happen to water rates in Emerald Park?
- How is White City Administration preparing for potential annexation?
- I have a private well on my property, will I have to connect to the town’s water system if we become one community?
- White City and Emerald Park handle on-street parking differently. What will happen if we become one community?
- How much is the annexation proposal and application to the SMB going to cost?