What is annexation?
Boundary alteration (also referred to as ‘annexation’) is the legal process of altering the corporate boundaries of municipalities through a transfer of administrative functions and municipal jurisdiction to accommodate economic growth and development opportunities and to provide services to newly developed properties.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Why did the Town of White City not create it's own water utility and what will happen to water rates in Emerald Park?
- How is White City Administration preparing for potential annexation?
- I have a private well on my property, will I have to connect to the town’s water system if we become one community?
- White City and Emerald Park handle on-street parking differently. What will happen if we become one community?
- How much is the annexation proposal and application to the SMB going to cost?