Is this a takeover of Emerald Park by White City?
No. This is about a respectful, reasonable dialogue about the future of our urban community.
This is the start of a discussion process for all residents and business owners in our broader community about whether or not we should become one community, with one government, and one collective voice.
The pace of growth in our area is not projected to slow down. There are already challenges being experienced in the community because there are two separate governments. This will only get worse as our population grows and the demands on current infrastructure and expectations for new services and facilities increase.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Why did the Town of White City not create it's own water utility and what will happen to water rates in Emerald Park?
- How is White City Administration preparing for potential annexation?
- I have a private well on my property, will I have to connect to the town’s water system if we become one community?
- White City and Emerald Park handle on-street parking differently. What will happen if we become one community?
- How much is the annexation proposal and application to the SMB going to cost?