If we become one community, would an election be held to elect a new municipal council?
Depending on when the annexation proposal is approved by the provincial government, an election for a new municipal council could be called immediately by order of the Minister of Government Relations, or, if the timing falls in close proximity to the scheduled civic elections in the fall of 2020, the election for the new council could occur at that time.
All eligible residents within the boundaries of the new community would be able to seek a seat on the new council and be able to vote to select their new council representatives.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Why did the Town of White City not create it's own water utility and what will happen to water rates in Emerald Park?
- How is White City Administration preparing for potential annexation?
- I have a private well on my property, will I have to connect to the town’s water system if we become one community?
- White City and Emerald Park handle on-street parking differently. What will happen if we become one community?
- How much is the annexation proposal and application to the SMB going to cost?