If annexation is approved, will the tax revenues of the RM of Edenwold decrease?
A Financial Impact Assessment will determine the implications of annexation on the tax bases of both affected municipalities. In the case of the RM, it will lose some tax revenue due to the annexation, but it will also have associated reduced expenditures. Tax impacts on the RM, if any, will be considered through annexation negotiations.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Why did the Town of White City not create it's own water utility and what will happen to water rates in Emerald Park?
- How is White City Administration preparing for potential annexation?
- I have a private well on my property, will I have to connect to the town’s water system if we become one community?
- White City and Emerald Park handle on-street parking differently. What will happen if we become one community?
- How much is the annexation proposal and application to the SMB going to cost?