How much is the annexation proposal and application to the SMB going to cost?
There are definitely administrative costs related to a process like we are undertaking. The due diligence required by the Town in order to allow our council to make informed decisions, the information requested by and consultation activities undertaken with the public, and preparing for the legal application to the Saskatchewan Municipal Board involves time and resources. The Town has budgeted $300,000 in 2018 to ensure full information is available and communicated and that our application is strong.
As with any project or activities undertaken by our town, all expenses are posted for public review after every council meeting on our website. Please feel free to visit the link here for more information.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Why did the Town of White City not create it's own water utility and what will happen to water rates in Emerald Park?
- How is White City Administration preparing for potential annexation?
- I have a private well on my property, will I have to connect to the town’s water system if we become one community?
- White City and Emerald Park handle on-street parking differently. What will happen if we become one community?
- Has there been any consideration given for the residents and businesses located in Emerald Park, due to the fact that tax dollars have already paid for infrastructure and development once and well be expected to pay for it a second time if this annexation goes ahead?