How long will the annexation process take?
The annexation process can occur quickly when all parties are in agreement but can take longer if there is disagreement among the affected parties. The annexation process includes consultations with landowners, the public and other affected stakeholders, negotiation and mediation with the RM of Edenwold, and possibly a public hearing in front of the Municipal Boundary Committee of the Saskatchewan Municipal Board.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Why did the Town of White City not create it's own water utility and what will happen to water rates in Emerald Park?
- How is White City Administration preparing for potential annexation?
- I have a private well on my property, will I have to connect to the town’s water system if we become one community?
- White City and Emerald Park handle on-street parking differently. What will happen if we become one community?
- How much is the annexation proposal and application to the SMB going to cost?