Could we become a municipal district?
Provincial legislation does permit the establishment of a municipal district, however becoming a municipal district made up of the RM and towns in our region will not resolve the current challenges that come with managing rapid urban growth and providing services for that population. There would still be several municipal governments involved, all trying to balance local interests and there is a fundamental difference in the needs of rural and agricultural residents vs those of urban residents.
White City, Emerald Park and the surrounding subdivisions can exist as one strong and growing urban community. We all share common interests and with one urban government with one democratically elected voice, we can protect the unique country residential lifestyle we now enjoy while properly planning for and managing the continued growth and development of our community.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Why did the Town of White City not create it's own water utility and what will happen to water rates in Emerald Park?
- How is White City Administration preparing for potential annexation?
- I have a private well on my property, will I have to connect to the town’s water system if we become one community?
- White City and Emerald Park handle on-street parking differently. What will happen if we become one community?
- How much is the annexation proposal and application to the SMB going to cost?