Could Emerald Park become its own community, municipality or alter it’s area to include White City?
No, Emerald Park exists as a subdivision within the Rural Municipality and is governed by the Rural Municipal Council.
White City is proposing a boundary alteration to include Emerald Park so that the friends and neighbours that share this community can be governed by one Council, with once representative voice for the entire community.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Why did the Town of White City not create it's own water utility and what will happen to water rates in Emerald Park?
- How is White City Administration preparing for potential annexation?
- I have a private well on my property, will I have to connect to the town’s water system if we become one community?
- White City and Emerald Park handle on-street parking differently. What will happen if we become one community?
- How much is the annexation proposal and application to the SMB going to cost?