According to the Future Growth Study, how much land does White City require to accommodate its growth over the next 25 years?
The Future Growth Study determined that a reasonable growth forecast for White City alone projects that today’s population of over 3,600 will grow to over 14,700 by 2045. If this reasonable growth forecast comes to pass, approximately 1,367 acres will be required to meet White City’s growth needs.
Based on further analysis, it is projected the Town of White City and immediate surrounding subdivisions of Emerald Park, Escott/ Deneve, Park Meadows Estates and Meadow Ridge Estates, would have a total population of 22,136 by the end of 2045. A total of 2,469.22 acres (999.26 hectares) will be required to meet the community’s growth needs.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Why did the Town of White City not create it's own water utility and what will happen to water rates in Emerald Park?
- How is White City Administration preparing for potential annexation?
- I have a private well on my property, will I have to connect to the town’s water system if we become one community?
- White City and Emerald Park handle on-street parking differently. What will happen if we become one community?
- How much is the annexation proposal and application to the SMB going to cost?